Like millions of other sites, this too uses Google Analytics to record visitor data.
What Google Analytics collects
At its most basic Google Analytics will collect:
- Referring site details (what website you came here from).
- Length of stay.
- Type and version of operating system and browser.
- City and country of visit.
- Date and time of visit.
- Pages visited.
- Flash version.
- Screen resolution and screen color processing ability.
What I do with collected data
The tracking information allows me to better understand the visitors who come to this site and what content they are reading. This allows me to make better decisions about user interface design and writing.
No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting.
All of the tracking activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
- An implementation of the Capital Controls kata in Python
- Trigger validation of a dropdown box when tabbing over it in KnockoutJS
- The Capital Controls Kata
- Github Pages offers HTTPS for one custom domain. However you can point more than one domain to your pages (with caveats).
- Jekyll blog posts in their own sub URL